The attorneys at the Law Offices of Robert N. Kipper are dedicated to providing the highest level of representation for our clients. Led by Robert N. Kipper, a forty year veteran and one of the state’s first certified family law specialists, our firm practices exclusively family law, focusing on marital and domestic partnership dissolution, post judgment modifications, and domestic violence proceedings, as well as premarital and postmarital agreements. We are experienced trial attorneys, yet proud of our commitment to attempt to resolve disputes through the settlement process. We successfully settle the majority of our cases, securing financial benefits, emotional security, and lower overall costs for our clients.
Our firm is highly reputed for our practice and expertise in a wide range of family law issues, including:
- Legal separation and dissolution of marriages and registered domestic partnerships
- Characterization, valuation, and division of all types of property, including investment, and retirement accounts, real estate, businesses, intellectual property, royalties and residuals, and insurance policies, including:
- Business valuation and apportionment between community and separate interests
- Apportionment of complex employment benefits such as restricted stock units, stock options, deferred compensation and other accrued income accounts
- Characterization of real property and interspousal transactions
- Tracing of separate and community property
- Determination of reimbursement claims, including pre-separation commingling of assets and post-separation payments and credits
- Child support and spousal support. Issues regarding support may include:
- Analysis of various types of income, including fluctuating income, passive income, RSUs or stock options, loan forgiveness, and phantom income
- Analysis of unreported income, such as perquisites and other fringe benefits
- Imputation of income to a parent who is not earning at his or her potential
- Determination and collection of child or spousal support arrearages
- Post judgment modifications of support based on an increase or decrease of income, cohabitation, imputation and other changes of circumstances and equitable factors
- Child custody, including physical timeshare, visitation, and decisionmaking. These issues may include
- Determination of an initial physical custody and timeshare schedule
- Modification of prior legal and physical custody orders
- Assistance with child custody evaluations
- Responding to emergencies affecting the health, safety, or welfare of a minor child
- Determination of paternity
- Requests and defense of requests to move a child out of the state
- Negotiation, implementation and interpretation of premarital agreements, postmarital agreements, and cohabitation agreements
- Tax consequences resulting from a variety of family law issues
- Fiduciary Duty requirements and issues, including the pursuit of remedies resulting from breaches of fiduciary owed by one spouse to the other
- Domestic violence proceedings, including obtaining temporary and permanent restraining orders, renewing restraining orders, and defending restraining orders
- Issues arising from same sex marriages and partnerships
Learn About the Attorneys at Robert N. Kipper Professional Corporation
Robert N. Kipper
Mr. Kipper is the founder and principal of the Law Offices of Robert N. Kipper Professional Corporation since 1989. He has been practicing for over forty years, almost all of which have been focused exclusively on family law.
Andrea A. Lehman
Andrea (aka Drew) Lehman has been practicing exclusively family law with Robert N. Kipper Professional Corporation since she graduated University of Southern California Law School in 2009.
Janani S. Rana
Janani S. Rana has been an associate with Robert N. Kipper PC since September, 2009. In October, 2013, she successfully passed the Certified Family Law Specialist examination.
Get in Touch
We would love to hear from you. We will get back to you as soon as we can.